Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

I Got Malware :(

Discussion in 'Hello/Goodbye' started by Bahamut, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Bahamut Pro Treasure Hunter

And that's why I'm here :(
  2. Ring "...that's my role."

White people and their forums amirite? let's see if u can get over 9 posts here :)
  3. flamedance58 Bloodied Holster

Well I had some malware threats from SSA forums as well so perhaps you just have to upgrade your computer security?

Welcome anyways.
  4. saccharin That one crazy witch

Run Spybot s/d, lavasoft ad aware, super antispyware, and malwarebytes.

If that doesn't remove it, nothing will.
  5. Proicio I cuss like a bugger.

this woman speaks the truth.
  6. Tempo Tasteless

O: Trickster avatar, welcome.
  7. Ring "...that's my role."

This woman has tried most of that, and she's asian too. Maybe she's just doin' it wrong.
  8. Izzy New Member

Get a new computer. :)

No, I'm just kidding. Unless you're rich. But then buy me one.

And hello.
  9. Bahamut Pro Treasure Hunter

Thanks for the advice I'll try that.
  10. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

11. Prelude vroom

None of that removed it for me, I reformatted lol.
  12. AiNoMinako Poke Poke Poke

macs ftl x3
  13. saccharin That one crazy witch

Evidently I still have something annoying on my computer. running HijackThis showed me a few things of interest, but I'm not -positive- what exactly I need to remove (I'm no tech wiz) so I'm having a few friends take a look at the logs.
  14. Bahamut Pro Treasure Hunter

Oh I got rid of all the Malware. I ran ComboFix as my last resort. Apparently it's the only software that looks for rootkit activity. You can also try Hitman Pro 3.5. It's free and I assume it does a very very thorough scan, too bad it didn't work for my computer >.>

You could also visit this forum: http//:www.techsupportforum.com
    It's a forum run by an academy that teaches analysts how to remove malware and stuff. They ask you to send them in a bunch of logs then show you how to remove the malware.
  15. saccharin That one crazy witch

Wait.. do you actually know what you're doing when you run ComboFix? I hesitate on running it because it can mess with your system if you don't know what you're doing. I've already posted on BleepingComputer asking for a bit of help. Just waiting on some more log analysis.
  16. Bahamut Pro Treasure Hunter

Nothing bad came out of using ComboFix. My computer is in fact faster than it was before but that could've been a result of deleting the malware. Other than that nothing out of the ordinary.
  17. saccharin That one crazy witch

See, I want to know for certain, so I'm asking some people. I've basically run like 5-6 different programs.

I seriously fear that it's a backdoor trojan or something, which could be really problematic. I probably need to reformat this computer.. I really don't want to, but I think I might have to.

edit, nevermind, ran TDSSKiller, got rid of another rootkit.

http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/solutions?qid=208280684

Give that shot just to be on the safe side. It's a tiny program that's specifically made to remove a certain type of rootkit.
  18. Bahamut Pro Treasure Hunter

Oh okay thanks for that. I know how it is I ran tons of programs too. I really don't think ComboFix can do much harm but using ComboFix would be better than reformatting right? If all goes wrong with ComboFix you could just system restore a day back.

Edit: TDSSKiller seems to have detected nothing so perhaps my computer is clean
  19. Ring "...that's my role."

u girls make it so hard, format computer and problem solved.

@ YUmi since u dont have your OS disk download one nub :v
  20. Bahamut Pro Treasure Hunter

Formatting is for babies and quitters. Besides I got rid of my malware already