Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

General Grappler Thread - For Build and Questions

Discussion in 'Fighter Guides' started by HellMuT, May 10, 2010.

1. HellMuT mite b cool

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

Now this isn't a definite build guide. I'm just trying find the bare bones of most grappler builds and to show what options you should consider.

GENERAL SKILLS

Quick Rebound - MAX. Like 50 points into it.

Backstep - 1 + Cancel. This one isn't a priority. You can wait till later levels to get it. Either way, it'll become free in future versions (which is never). 7 months later, still no backstep

Leap - 0 or 1. Depends on preference. Can be useful in sticky situations in PvP. Not much of a use in PvE.

STRIKER SKILLS

Muse's Uppercut - 5 or 10 + Cancel. 10 is a must if you're going to PvP. Can ditch altogether for PvE.

Air Walk - 5. Prereq for Tornado Kick. Great hit stun for starting combos.

Tornado Kick - 1. Used as utility, getting in, starting combos etc.

Low Kick - 0 or 1. Depends on preference. Usually don't get it because you already have Elbow Shock and Hammer Kick as our OTG.

Tiger Chain Strike - 0 or 1. Get one point if you want an easier time Muse Juggling. If you're going PvE, you're not going to be juggling with muse often.

NENMASTER SKILLS

Doppleganger - 0, 4, 5 or MAX. Put spare points in this. Not a high priority for Grapplers. Usually dump extra SP into this.

Thunder Suplex - 0 or 1. Not really useful as its fixed damage and depends on INT for damage, but hey extra damage could help.

BRAWLER SKILLS

Crouch - 0 or 1. Really useful if you know how to use it as it can dodge a lot of stuff.

GRAPPLER SKILLS

Suplex - 10 + cancel. Kept at 10 to max other more damaging skills and minimum requirement for Backbreaker. Doesn't scale super great, so it becomes a huge waste of SP.

Iron Physique - 0, 5 or MAX. 5 is the prereq for Shoulder Tackle. Because of our limited SP, it wouldn't be wise to max this all the way right now. More use towards PvP. Some people believe it's not necessary in PvE cause you shouldn't be hit, but fuck them.

Intense Takedown - Max for PvE . Doesn't seem to useful outside of PvE since it only increases the splash damage and splash radius of your throws. You automatically get one point upon job change.

Fling - 5 + cancel for PvP. Highly Recommended MAX for PvE. Can be used for combo set ups in PvP, and it can hold shit while your allies beat on them in PvE.

Irresistible Grab - MAX. Don't ask why, just max it.

Seismic Punch - 5 min or MAX + Cancel for PvP. 5 Min req for Spiral for PvE. Must be maxed for PvP to reduce after-cast delay time and increase launching strength for combo set ups. Cancel isn't super important but it's really useful, get it when you have free sp to spare.

Sliding Grab - MAX. THIS MOVE IS AWESOME. TAKE IT.

Back breaker - Prereq for Cyclone Suplex.

Neck Snap - 5 or 13 + Cancel (yeah, faggot I said 13. Deal w/ it). If you plan on utilizing this skill a lot, getting it to a 2 sec immobility duration is good for extending combos and what not. 5 minimum for setups and snuffing people out of shit. Usually dump extra SP into this.

Shoulder Tackle - 0 or 1. Personal preference if you like the skill. I don't see it too often.

Airsteiner - 5 or MAX. Not many opportunities to use this in PvP, usually kept at minimum for Wild Cannon Spike. Great damage in PvE, get it pretty high, max if you can spare the SP.

Elbow Shock - 1. OTG move.

Spiral - MAX + Cancel. One of your more damaging skills. Since it's fixed damage, you need to a high level to make it worth it. Cancel isn't a high priority. It has it's uses, but you can use that 50 sp elsewhere for now.

Cyclone Suplex - MAX. Same as spiral.

Wild Cannon Spike - 1 or MAX. Same as the Cyclone Suplex. 1 point still does good damage, and frees up SP for other shit.

Grab Mastery - Passive awakening. Increases evasion rate during grabs and your hit rate of grabs. Might want MAX this or get it pretty high if you can.

Giant Twister - 0 or MAX - Awakenings are usually banned from competitive pvp and shunned in casual pvp. Purely PvE. Personally, I'd use it in some sort of Brawl or Team Match, but that's just because I'm a dick like that.
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  2. Rawrrr Bitch.

Not sure about dfo, but shoulder tackle scales really well in dnf. 90%+ is very nice. Especially as it is already 900% at level 1.

EDIT: A lot of foreign version builds max Iron Physique and leave Grab Mastery at 1.

Also I'm seeing more and more max Hammer Kick grapplers.
  3. Feesh Fueled by Haterade

Er, not sure where 90% or 900% came from @_@. I don't really view tackle as an option til EX tackle. Then it is at least tolerable.
    Hammer kick max is a second impact thing. Everyone maxes it and whatever else they want like suplex.
    I understand max iron physique, especially in United, but again that's a 60 cap thing. It's just a huge waste of SP in our current cap.
    The level 1 grab mastery thing is something I've also considered doing. But if I drop grab mastery, I'm dropping sliding grab completely. It sounds like heresy but it's honestly something I don't use unless I'm scrub killing people with uncombo'd grabs.
    Lastly, I recommend to a lot of PvP grapplers level 5 IG for level 50. Max eventually with 60 cap but 150 SP for 10 versus 15 seconds right now isn't something I'm interested in. I love spiral cancel, hammer cancel, and seismic cancel so I had to skip it.
  4. Rawrrr Bitch.

I did say those values are for DnF.

Since a lot of skills, particularly the lower level skills like suplex, have recieved some buffs, they are actually a viable option to max now.

Also, because of the changes to vitality in DnF, Iron Physique is a very good skill to max.
  5. Ring "...that's my role."

Umm should I continue my mule nen ( lvl 22 sorta un planned) or make a grappler :l ? can anyone enlighten me how grapplers do alone/duoing ?
  6. Rawrrr Bitch.

Grapplers are good at anything PvE. Don't need much funding since they are mostly fixed damage, they're invincibility frame whores, spiral is an amazing grouping skill, grapplers have good AoE, and can grab ANYTHING. Parties will love you.

Grab cannon is one of the best passives in the game imo.

They do tend to burn through mp very fast if you start spamming skills all over the place, but as long as you use your x attack its not bad.
  7. Ring "...that's my role."

sounds like a ranger to me MP wise then I'm used to it .. but how effective is the xxx ? :( also, gaunlets or tonfas for PVE?
  8. HellMuT mite b cool

Gauntlets = More Str, so yeah you'd want to use them. Get your hands on an Electric Stunner which is great for Aphelia post dungeons.

You just basically max your high level throws for the most part. Fling, Cyclone Suplex, Neck Snap, and WCS (sometimes) helps keep bosses in place. XXX is pretty gay especially with slow gauntlets, I don't use it as often anymore since I have a bunch of throws at my disposal and chug potions like a bitch. But you'll need to muse juggle for those style points :|
  9. Ring "...that's my role."

one more question.. when I do that boom when I try to grab to enemies, am I completelly vunerable?
  10. Rawrrr Bitch.

Nope, that's yet another invincibility frame.
  11. Ring "...that's my role."

oh fuck yeah, Im making the grappler then , fuck the nen , its gonna stay a mule.
  12. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

13. Rawrrr Bitch.

It's not that ST is bad, but the pre-reqs are steep.
  14. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

15. Rawrrr Bitch.

Won't need spiral cancel or grab mastery, and drop tornado kick and air walk for pve.
  16. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

Won't being able to hit matter for pve too?
    Also I kinda like being able to fly through air, and adding steiner to that ;P.
  17. Rawrrr Bitch.

Grab mastery is terrible, and tornado is a lot of sp and really isn't necessary.
  18. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

where should I put those points in then?
  19. Rawrrr Bitch.

Fling or neck snap.
  20. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}