Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

A Righteous Victory Awaits - Crusader discussion thread

Discussion in 'Priest' started by Stark, May 8, 2010.

1. Stark #1 Ranking Female Priest

Have any questions about Crusader? Ask them here.
  2. Infection Cool story, bro

Where's your thread? D:<
  3. Nueflheimr [Insert Cookie Here]

This place needs more Crusader Guide. *hint hint* lol
  4. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

Apparently it's not common knowledge that Flash Sphere only stuns if you're facing it. Had some laughs at this in PvP today.
  5. saccharin That one crazy witch

Question for you Stark, is a FS sader actually feasible or useful at all?
  6. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

Coming from the standpoint of a party member, I personally do not like full support saders in my party (usually). I much prefer someone that's providing constant hitstun or even debuffs to someone simply making my attacks hit harder or me take less damage. Someone blinding a monster, reducing its aspd, stunning it, etc is infinitely more useful than more damage here and there from various skills. However, this assumes the crusader isn't doing anything but buffing.

As long as they're throwing out a flash sphere once in a while, walling enemies into death traps or away from squishy ranged characters, using Blades of Purity to hitstun mobs (delicious hitstun on that move, love it), etc, then they're fine. But if they're doing nothing but hiding in the back buffing, no. Damage is extremely easy to add with any character, I don't need a Crusader to do that.
  7. saccharin That one crazy witch

I thought FS meant that they didn't attack. Does FS imply that they ONLY buff?
  8. DualReaver ǝʇnɔ os ɯ,ı

Mostly yes. Full Support Crusaders are only as powerful as the people in their party. If the party is nothing but fixed damage, that Crusader is wasted. It also applies to intelligence levels. You can make stupid people 3x more powerful, but they're still stupid.

This is why I made a Battle Sader, so I didn't have to rely on everyone to do things, and could actually have attacks. However, there are a few FS Crusaders who actually do know how to help out with Smashers and Blades and other random things, just to help ease it along.

-
    To all of you PvPing Saders out there, we do have some fun zoning ability. Thanks to the barrels in the Tavern, you can hide a Flash Sphere if you know they'll come for you. Then all you have to do is keep them facing you.
  9. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

To me, no - full support implies using everything at your advantage to keep your party members at optimal performance. This includes buffing, debuffing, hitstunning, and grabbing/interrupting threatening attacks.

It usually overlaps with a PvE build, though focused more on partying than soloing. It's the opposite of a PvP build, which is focused on 1v1 combat. It is not necessarily limited to buffing, debuffing, zoning, juggling, etc, but rather differs based on class abilities.
  10. Infection Cool story, bro

Question: For a hybrid PvP/PvE build, is it necessary to have as much as three weapons? I already have my regular scythes, as well as a Mega Hawk (+2 Strike), which is going to be upgraded to a Devil Chaser eventually. Is it necessary for me to keep a First Gate (+7% Cast Speed) around?

Also, is AradSociety down for anyone else?
  11. Stark #1 Ranking Female Priest

First Gate is something that should only see use in PvP, really. It's not worth having on you for any extended period of time. But two weapons, a Devil Chaser and a scythe, makes sense and is pretty much recommended.

Looks like the registration on AradSociety died :(
  12. DualReaver ǝʇnɔ os ɯ,ı

My Crusader currently has 3 weapons. A Devil Chaser, a Justice Fixer, and a quest scythe.
  13. saccharin That one crazy witch

I hate. barrels. so much.

People who hold guard while hiding behind barrels, etc etc.

Anyways, so is there an order for most "useful" party/support PvE sader skills? Like which ones should be maxed and in what order of priority?
  14. Stark #1 Ranking Female Priest

Well you don't really need to order them in terms of what is best, really. Because, there's enough SP to get all the good ones. Here's what I'd recommend for support:

Slow Heal - 16 / 20
    Fast Heal - 11
    Cure - 2
    Healing Wind - 3

Strike - 10
    Wisdom Blessing - 5 / 10
    Emblem of Protection - 4 / 10
    Revenge of Light - 13
    Light of Divinity - 1
    Divine Invocation - 7
    Fountain of Life - 1

Deflection Wall - 1
    Flash Sphere - 8
  15. saccharin That one crazy witch

Remind me, what else does RoL do besides thunder strikes when hit with magic?
  16. Stark #1 Ranking Female Priest

Very large Magic defense increase (+2000 at 13), makes lightning 15% of the time when hitting with an attack that can proc.
  17. Greg Space Cowboy

I have a question, Stark: How well do you fair against Monks?

I see you around the practice channel a lot and I fight a lot of terrible Crusaders. What are your views on Monks that have to rely on Double Shadow to get past your plate armor/other defenses?

CAN WE PVP
  18. Stark #1 Ranking Female Priest

Monks that have to rely on Double Shadow to get past my plate armor/other defenses? Well, for one, I actually switch between heavy and plate on the fly to adjust between having heavy gravity to prevent being juggled and having improved agility to combo my opponents. But for two.... Yeah, that's pretty much every monk, if they even can start a good offense in the first place (I am very aggressive). No shame in doing what you need to do in order to win. In fact, if you don't do that, that pretty much makes you a scrub. Why, have scrubs been calling you out on your use of skilled play? Heh, don't let them get to you. And yeah, we can PvP.

Also I probably should put this somewhere so Deus can continue to troll me, I enjoy that

Post-Patch Lv.60 Support Hybrid Crusader

Level 60 Post-Patch Crusader build

Basics: 470
    Code:
    Name				SP cost	Level	Mod	Total SP

Giant Weapon Launcher		20	10	-20	180
    Magic Circle of Ascension	25	9		225
    Second Uppercut			25	1		25
    Lucky Straight Punch		25	1	-25	0
    Smasher				20	1	-20	0
    Furious Grab			25	1	-25	0
    Quick Rebound			10	1		10
    Cancel: GWL			0	1		0
    Cancel: Smasher			10	1		10
    Passives: 490
    Code:

Grace of Protection		20	15	80	380
    Grace of Bravery		20	1	80	100
    Spiritual Sacrifice		10	1		10
    Heals : 270
    Code:

Slow Heal			15	10		150
    Fast Heal			20	3		60
    Cure				10	6		60
    Buffs: 2305
    Code:

Wisdom Blessing			20	20		400
    Revenge of Light		30	18		540
    Divine Invocation		30	16		480
    Fountain of Life		35	11		385
    Light of Divinity		20	10		200
    Melody of Heaven		20	5		100
    Emblem of Protection		20	5		100
    Strike				20	5		100
    Attacks: 990
    Code:

Blades of Purity		30	20	-30	570
    Deflection Wall			30	1		30
    Flash Sphere			30	1		30
    Javelin of Victory		25	1		25
    Cancel: Blades of Purity	50	1		50
    Overall: 4150/4156

You can pretty much ignore this, it's nothing, I'm just crazy and don't know what I'm doing
  19. DualReaver ǝʇnɔ os ɯ,ı

I'm not that bad. :< I just lack any cast speed avatars.
  20. Garble o no

Anything besides Devil Chaser, Mega Hawk, Brave Gryphon legs, and avatars I should be looking for if I want really high level buffs?