Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Asura General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Slayer' started by Infection, May 9, 2010.

1. SidTheSquid DeathByWaves

2. conewicci I dun goofed.

PvE, I'm assuming... don't need ACS, nor do you need WWS cancel. But I can understand wanting to get WWS cancel, even in PvE. Also, you don't really need Backstep/Cancel for PvE. With the points from no ACS and WWS cancel, then you can get Magic Critical if you want. If you remove ACS and Backstep, then you can still get Magic Critical and keep WWS cancel, so it's your choice.

Other then that, nothing really. Guard cancel is more PvP geared, but you can keep it if you want, it's still useful in PvE. And level 10 Upward Slash for PvE isn't necessary, but it is useful for some of the heavier monsters.
  3. Alan Ya u mad

lol
    My build looks almost exactly like that Korean guys build.
    I thought I was special :|
  4. SidTheSquid DeathByWaves

Honestly I am going for a hybrid build really. I enjoy pvping and I enjoy dungeon running the only problem is I dont know what skills to really max for sure.
  5. VariousGuy Dead Guy

The only problem I see is the Lv.1 Mind's Eye. Everyone loves more evasion.
  6. SidTheSquid DeathByWaves

Well what do you recommend that I take out in order to get max mind eye?
  7. Bernelli Death By Revolver

SS mastery.
  8. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Neutral Wave.
  9. Bernelli Death By Revolver

SS mastery. Weapon masteries do jack shit for fixed damage slayers, and if you're getting the mastery so you can poke with melee for a bit more damage, you're using the wrong fucking weapon type to do so. The only high leveled percentage skill that he even has is Wave Eye, and not only is that powerful enough as it is, you also do not use it often enough to warrant an extra 200 SP on it. If his build was something like this, SS or Katana mastery would be more than worth it.
  10. VariousGuy Dead Guy

Well if you're getting rid of the mastery, might as well just put Wave Eye at 1. Masteries help Wave Eye pretty good. They also help Neutral Wave, since Neutral Wave is party percent based. Which means, without a mastery, Neutral Wave will suffer, but with Neutral Wave at 5, the mastery is only buffing Wave Eye, in terms of good damage.

So, let's drop the mastery AND Neutral Wave and get Mind's Eye + Triple Slash w/cancel + Magic Crit! After all, more crit = more damage. Plus, it doesn't need a mastery to be good either.

The New Build, if he decides to use it, that is.

EDIT: Also, I put Wave Eye at 1 and maxed out Wave Radiation. He said he's running a Hybrid, so might as well get Wave Radiation maxed for comboing purposes.

This leaves you with 36 SP + [insert how much SP the planner doesn't have here]. Go crazy.
  11. Rdogg Code Kirin

An Asura with a shooting star drop is the best thing ever.
  12. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

OH SHIT THERES SO MUCH YOU CAN DO WITH 36 SP OH MAI GAWWWWD
  13. conewicci I dun goofed.

Mastery=necessity. Neutral Wave=something really fucking nice to have. Mastery>Neutral Wave.

60 cap doesn't have any SP missing, I've heard. In fact, it should have MORE then we have currently, because we're missing quests.
  14. Jay Garden of Eden.

Here's my PvE Asura build.

Looks pretty average from what I've seen. The only thing I'm on the fence about is Neutral Wave. I have level 9 at the moment and I think it's great but I'm wondering if I should leave it at level 10 and get Magic Crit or just go for level 20. What do y'all advise?
  15. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Looks great, and for PvE it would be more benefitial to put that neutral wave into mag crit.
    You can also take points out of fire wave sword to boost your ghost orb since you have SS mastery. High level ghost orb and +12 frost bringer > max fire wave. In terms of PDS that is.
  16. Jay Garden of Eden.

Thanks for the input. I can't afford a highly upgraded weapon at the moment, but I will definately put that into consider.
  17. VariousGuy Dead Guy

I know that Asuras have other percent based attacks. I just didn't factor them in, since they weren't high leveled to benefit from the mastery as much as Neutral Wave and Wave Eye do.

On second thought, gotta agree with the whole Triple Slash cancel thing. The reason why I added Magic crit is for the fixed damage attacks. I know that this is his build. I was just throwing my opinion of things. Like how you suggested dropping Neutral Wave.

Max wave radiation was also just me throwing my opinion. He doesn't have to pay attention to my opinions for all I care. He could just pick between NW VS Mastery (I'm kinda leaning towards the wave, since it's also int based, but then again, the mastery is good too for the awakening...).
  18. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

All we can do is help the guy understand whats what. Low level neutral wave is indeed my opinion, but he did ask what he could drop to max mind's eye. Since he had max wave eye then droping the mastery is kind of dumb imo.

He said he wanted to pvp some too right? It doesn't even matter in that case because mastery hit rate is way more important. Neutral Wave Sword for me is like 3rd priority.

Edit: okay that doesn't make sense if i dont explain that.
    I rank the skills for what priority they are.
    e.g.
    Ice wave is 1st priority tier.
    High level Crescent is 2nd priority.
    Max fire wave is 3rd priority.

Does not mean those are the top 3 things you NEED, more like the order of whats important. Because more than one skill goes in each priority.
  19. ArtSlay _________________________

Few questions:

How does platearmor lower your move speed? Is it - a certain amount from your base, or - a certain % as in how items/avatars affect your speed?

Does platearmor lower your aspd and cspd?

Does agni works if a nen is in her bubble? Does it do anything to stationary/anti launch/anti grab mobs?

Vision reaper shoulder or ultra light shoulder for pvp?

Any top armor with +radiation/ice wave?

Can u level radiation past lv10 post whatever patch? Does radiation's post cast delay gets lower as you level it up? It seems to be faster but I'm not sure if it's my cspd or not.
  20. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair