Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

DFO won't start.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by SharpShooter, Jul 26, 2010.

1. SharpShooter The Poor Merchant

Hey guys, this is also a kind of intro thread because I came here in a desperate attempt to get this fixed, mostly because DFOS has been down for the past millennium for some reason.

Now to my problem:

• On the DFO site, the start page causes the DFO Downloader Download Pop-up to appear, and does not launch the game.
    • I can't reinstall the game, because for some lame reason the DFO Downloader says that my internet is not connected (I have cable, I always have a "LAN Cable Unplugged"). Thank God for Shadow when I uninstalled DFO :/
    • After this, I tried to use the Browserless DFO Launcher (Also why I'm here) to start it, and it also gives me an error similar to the DFO Downloader.

Does anyone know how to get this fixed? Conveniently, I was in the middle of a deal that could cost someone 20$ if I don't fix this.

Thanks for any help,
    SharpShooter

Also could anyone please mail "KcGunner" or "KcMechanic" and "Differ" and tell them that I'm currently unavailable? I'll pay 100K for this if I ever get this fixed.
  2. Archie Mexocan

So you can't reinstall the game... But can you uninstall it?
  3. Holypie Mmmmmmmm

Go into your Nexon folder and delete the DFO folder, then reinstall DFO. Chances are that if you uninstalled it using the control panel, it only got rid of the DFO.exe file and none of the other stuff. If this doesn't work, it might be your internet.
  4. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

Try turning off any firewall or antivirus software and see if that helps with your connection. Is there anything unusual about your connection? Do you use any kind of proxy?
  5. SharpShooter The Poor Merchant

Nope, I can't reinstall it.

Can't reinstall ftl.

Uhh, they're always off, ShadowUser does the trick for me. Haven't had any viruses in over a year. And no proxy's, etc.

Anything else?
  6. Ring "...that's my role."

So you deleted the whole fodler and you cant reinstall? do you know how to RegEdit?
  7. SharpShooter The Poor Merchant

Nah I still have the folder thanks to Shadow, but it doesn't help for shit because DFO still isn't working.
  8. Krenuxi Narcissist

Not sure about the unable to reinstall part, but I'd suggest removing ALL non-DFO related from your DFO folder. I've had many problems with this before, since I used my DFO folder to hold other games. Installed League of Legends in the DFO ImagePacks3 folder, DFO wouldn't launch. Downloaded some avatar textures from kDnF in a separate folder, DFO wouldn't start. Browserless launcher in you know where? Come on, you should know the result by now.
  9. SharpShooter The Poor Merchant

The Browserless DFO Launcher was not what caused the problem, I used it after to try to solve it.

The DFO "Start" button ( on the site) just randomly stopped working.

I can't uninstall and reinstall because the downloader doesn't work, it gives me an "internet connection failure" problem.

DFO Browserless isn't in the DFO folder, it auto finds the folder by itself. However, it also gives me a related error.

:/ At least DFOS is back up and I can talk to people.
  10. Ring "...that's my role."

We've been telling you to delete it :x so shadow doesn't let you delete it ?
  11. AiNoMinako Poke Poke Poke

go to the download page and look for the link which lets you download the client through the browser instead of having to use the downloader
    the link is "Click Here to Start a Manual Download"
  12. SharpShooter The Poor Merchant

Shadow works like this:

If Shadow is off you can do everything like you would regularly to the selected drives it's functioning for (C drive for me) and saves it.
    If it is on, you can do anything you want, but it wont save, and once you restart your computer it will be the way it was since the last time Shadow was off.

So say its off, and I save a folder onto my desktop.
    I turn it on, restart, and its still there.
    I delete it, (Shadow is still on), restart, and its there again.

I deleted DFO, tried to redownload, failed and restarted to at least keep the DFO folder.

Also, the manual way might work, I forgot about it.
  13. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

Go to a friends or relative's house and install dfo and tell everyone you're gone.
  14. AiNoMinako Poke Poke Poke

wth is "Shadow" sound limiting if its your computer get rid of it =_=
  15. SharpShooter The Poor Merchant

Ugh its a backup if anything goes wrong.

I doesn't take a long time to turn it back off and do whatever I need to.

And thanks AiNo, manual worked.

+Rep and many thanks for reminding me.

EDIT: No rep heeear?
  16. AiNoMinako Poke Poke Poke

yes no rep T^T