Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Does 2x drop affect Hell Demons?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Mark, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Mark Hyperion

I only ask because I'm hoarding quite a lot of stones and a guildie suggested that it might not because they always drop something regardless if it's 2x or not.
  2. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

I suspect your guildie is right. What would it mean to have 2x drop on something that drops uncommon 90%, rare 4%, unique 4%, and epic 2% (for example)? I suppose the game could roll for two items and pick the rarer one, but I don't think that's likely. Maybe someone who's actually done hell mode during 2x can offer anecdotal evidence.
  3. Leviathan The Windy Gunner

I did it during Hell Mode. It does increase chances bytwice the drop rate. it's how I created the Wind Coat frenzy on DFO. First Unmarked Wind Coat in AH FTW... Then again... it's kinda my fault xD (I'm sorry xD)
  4. Mark Hyperion

I don't see how that's definitive evidence...
  5. Mark Hyperion

Well, I did 12 hell modes during 2x drop over the weekend and got one epic, one pink and one purple. Rest were blues.

I'm leaning on NOPE.
  6. Heidi Member

That sample size is far too small to draw any valid conclusion from though =/
  7. Mark Hyperion

I've only done hell modes during 2x drop.

Last time we had 2x drop I got 1 pink, and 3 or 4 purples. I did about 8 runs. Guess I should record this stuff.
  8. ゴド Atomyk Ebonpyre

i'm going to say nope
    first of all your guildie's explanation makes sense
    secondly i never get anything during 2x drop
  9. Mark Hyperion

I did 8 more Hell runs tonight.

2 epics, 1 purple, and the rest were blue. Funny how I get more Epics during normal drop.
  10. Heidi Member

It sounds like you're on a bit of a good luck streak with it atm though :p

I wonder if we get hellmode patch tonight o_o
  11. Leviathan The Windy Gunner

Well. Think about it... The percentage doubles. So think: 180% Uncommon, 8% unique/rare and 4% Epic.

Either way you look at it the results are hard as hell.

22.5x more of a chance of getting an uncommon as opposed to unique and rare
    45x more chances of getting an uncommon as opposed to getting an Epic

If you're having better luck with normal drop... go for it.. because as far as I saw during other 2x drop events... it's been shifted a bit. I suggest you continue during normal drop instead of 2x drop. Sadly, my luck is only better on 2x or on 2x EXP events. I have no choice. I've been doing normal drop rates and getting NOTHING from it. The events seem to have a better turnout for me xD
  12. BMLover Must Lurk More

In DnF/Korea they have 2-3x on the amount of drops specifically for hell mode in an occasional event. DFO may do it differently, but I learn towards no.
  13. ゴド Atomyk Ebonpyre

sounds like someone doesn't know how percentages work