Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

General Elementalist Discussion

Discussion in 'Mage' started by Holypie, May 4, 2010.

1. Jormungandr SUPER SWORD

Honestly it depends on how people like to play. Look at Eilana, he's doing fine with 4 elements.

But all in all 4 elements is not ideal is what we're trying to tell you. 2 elements is usually the ideal build, it gives you the sp to max a 1st tier and your third tiers.
  2. AiNoMinako Poke Poke Poke

Im thinking that this 4 element is pve right x_x if its pvp umm that would be...
  3. Jormungandr SUPER SWORD

It's probably able to pvp too, having all the 2nd and 3rd tiers. But yes, it's main focus will most likely be pve.
  4. TheHolyGuy Member

5. AiNoMinako Poke Poke Poke

i suggest getting manashield for the obvious. OR maxing the passive awake for more dmg. Other then that i think that ur fine with ur light/dark build.
  6. Halbare Has a custom title :)

Thuvian Congrats on making a balanced elementalist ;)

Completely unrelated has anyone made an elementalist with a +1 shururu item and decided to cap him? I really want to know how much of a damage increase the debuff gives you and at +11 it should taunt champions/bosses.
  7. conewicci I dun goofed.

That's really more of a Witch skill. I can imagine Shururu could be really nice, just Fire Pillar them all or Black Hole or whatever to rape them all, but... we need more SP, I believe.
  8. Halbare Has a custom title :)

I would expect it to be used in the earlier levels more...kinda like a poor man's black hole to group them for Pluto spam.

For end game it would be a (blah)% damage increase due to the magic resist reduction. Of course we would need to figure out what (blah) is in order to determine if it is worth it.

Unfortunately every point is used in a balanced elementalist build unless you decide to unbalance yourself by lowering a tier 3 skill so this really only benefits 1 or 2 element elementalists.

My ultimate goal is to come up with a combination that allows you to negate spell immunities whether it be "magic resistant" modifiers on champions or just very high resistances such as wisps being highly resistant to light. Unfortunately there are very few skills that allow you to do this so it might just be an impossibility.
  9. NaiSaidane Needs some DFO crack.

Elementalist Questions

For a light and dark main, what are the benefits and......things that aren't benefits. And what are the core skills?
  10. conewicci I dun goofed.

Elementalist Questions

Max Pluto. Supposedly, Void is really amazing. So is Black Hole. And don't be all super rude/impatient. o-o And, ask on the Elementalists thread, less clutter then.
  11. Bahamut Pro Treasure Hunter

Elementalist Questions

Light and Dark elementalists have a combination of the most powerful tier one skills, Pluto and Florae Circle. If you follow a cookie cutter build you'll probably be able to max either Pluto or Florae. Pluto obviously if you're a PvP junkie.

As for Benefits: Dark element spells are effective against enemies on your x-axis such as Pluto and Void and hit infinite targets. Florae Circle can do some hefty damage on single targets which become very useful in later dungeons as many monsters are weak against light and the cooldown time isn't too bad. Sun burst is also a very good skill but you only need 5 for pre-requisite, it helps to knock down surrounding monsters so that they don't mob and gives you an escape route. Dark Hole is very good because it pulls monsters away from you allowing you to heavily damage many monsters at once with one spell. Lightning Strike has a fairly quick cooldown and can dish out quite some damage if you focus all your strikes on one target and stuns them making consecutive strikes easier to land.

As for disadvantages: Void is somewhat a situational skill to use. It's very slow moving and fast targets usually take about 2-3 hits before fully walking through the whole void itself. It gets more functional the more you level it. Dark Hole however is very very useful but just remember that monsters are not disabled while in the pull of Dark Hole. Some monsters, like the Knights in Floating Castle, are fast moving enough that they don't even get pulled into Black Hole unless you unleashed it on them. Sometimes melee classes end up getting beaten down pretty bad if they don't pre-emptively strike the mob within the Black Hole. But that's none of your concern. Some monsters that you fight in later levels aren't completely weak to dark which could offset your damage output. Lightning Strike should be maxed if you want the stun effect in later levels. If you leave it at level 1, you're pretty much going to be a sitting duck not to mention Lightning Strike can be hard to aim against fast moving foes. Florae Circle is also not a very PvP oriented skill as it has no hit stun and damage isn't too impressive. Using Florae Circle also puts you at risk of being hit by monsters so it's better to use them more as land mines.
  12. NaiSaidane Needs some DFO crack.

Elementalist Questions

Thank you. I still haven't seen lightning strike before.

And I am going to max Ice Wall, the skill is just to fucking useful, not to max.
  13. Bahamut Pro Treasure Hunter

Elementalist Questions

Make sure you have enough SP to max Ice Wall. If you're not going to be pure Dark and Light I recommend getting at least 1 in Arctic Burst. It is very effective just at level 1. I also recommend getting 1 in Fire Pillar for launching capabilities and PvP utility.
  14. NaiSaidane Needs some DFO crack.

Elementalist Questions

Yeah, all the 2nd tier spells a have a fucking unlimited amount of uses. 1 into Fire Pillar, 5 into Void, and Max Sunburst and Ice Wall.
  15. Bahamut Pro Treasure Hunter

Elementalist Questions

I'm curious as to why you would max Sun Burst. If you're going to max both Sun Burst and Ice Wall you most likely won't have enough SP to max your cube skills or even Awakening. Especially if you plan on getting Mana Shield, Phase Shift, Elemental Burn, and Magic Festival.
  16. NaiSaidane Needs some DFO crack.

Elementalist Questions

Is magic festival really that useful?

And taken : put Ice wall down to five. Put points into mana shield.

And what the hell does elelmental burn do?
  17. NaiSaidane Needs some DFO crack.

18. Thuvian Member

Elementalist Questions

• Is this a level 50 or level 60 build?
      • If 50 your Astral Storm is too high, if 60 you still have a lot of points leftover.
    • I'd recommend trying out the other Character builder
    • You've maxed the Elemental Masteries for Dark/Light but only have the T3s spells maxed. Are you sure you don't want more points into the T1/T2 dark/light spells?
    • Why level 10 Sun Burst?
    • Why no Elemental Burn, you have the prerequisites?
    • Consider Phase Shift and Quick Rebound.
  19. NaiSaidane Needs some DFO crack.

Elementalist Questions

Sunburst is damn strong.
    I haven't found quick rebound to be useful.
    I got all the first tier spells for the ever-useful second tier spells, the fact that I have the prerequisites is just a coincidence.

This is a Lv. 60 build, for future reference. Weird, the build says I have the sp for being Lv. 60 But I can only put two lvs into Astral Storm.

http://www.aradsociety.com/planner/...vGfvMfvNkvRbwFiwGbwHbwIgwLcwMcwNfwOfwYc0Tb0Ub
  20. conewicci I dun goofed.

Elementalist Questions

He's using the 50 build when we have the 60 cap, you can choose 50 or 60 when you start the thing up. No idea why o-o.