Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

~General Striker Discussion Thread~

Discussion in 'Fighter Guides' started by Orihalcon, May 8, 2010.

1. Kurii Dori Dori Dori

I do this.

Mountain Pusher > XXXX (OTG) > Hammer Kick cancel > Low Kick > Tornado Kick > jump cancel Tornado Kick > Jump Kick > Suplex > Bone Crusher > Low Kick > Hammer Kick
  2. TeddyFace haz face of a Teddy :3

I just checked and I think Ghost Chaser is "Ghost Racer" in DFO and Sky Twister is "Sky Tracer" in DFO. 2m and 12m respectively last time I checked

Oh and can anyone describe to me the distance each level of crushing fist travels? I really don't have the points to complete my build atm and I was wondering if I could keep crushing fist at 10 instead of 15 or 16
  3. magicwaffl3 New Member

4. Eredas Consumed by Nightmare

5. Psycho K Kaeoseki

I see that the lowest level of Doppelganger suggested for PvP Strikers is 3. Would level 2 be useless? Also, I have heard people say that Crushing Fist has enough hitstun to start a combo from anywhere between level 13 to 15. My question is if this test was on someone with bad hit recovery like an non-Infighter Priest, or against something with high hit recovery like a Grappler. I am not sure how much hit recovery a foe would need for a significant difference to be seen against attacks in general.

Yep, that looks fine.

I changed your build to reflect your Awakened status, so the only thing different is that you have Stampede [1], which you get automatically upon Awakening. Ignore how it says the cap is level 60; your SP total remains the same.

Beat Drive [0]: It's not that great from what I hear, but I don't think it's so bad you would not want it. Maybe if it lacked Super Armor, but seeing how it doesn't and how you have Tiger Chain Strike [5] anyway, why not get it?
    Muscle Shift [2]: In PvP, Muscle Shift [1-3] is one cancel. For two cancels, it needs to be level 4. It gets a third cancel at level 6. So MS[2] would just mean it lasts 2.5 seconds longer and that is not important. Go with level 1 or 4. Max only if you have gear that makes it level 6.
    Muse's Uppercut [5]: Needs to be 10 for PvP. No exceptions.
    Quick Rebound [0]: If you can use Crouch correctly, you definitely can use this correctly. Besides, it's just 10 SP. Like Orichalon (topic creator), I feel that everyone should get this and it definitely has more use in PvP.

Other than that you're good. Though...

World's Greatest Low Kick [0]: This skill is so fucking strong from what I'm hearing. See, if you were a PvP Ranger being very strict about your SP and wanted to skip Scud Genocide, that's fine seeing how weak it is (can't Wild Shot hurt more? I know Death Hawk can. Maybe Gun Dance can too if you're right on top of something fat). WG Low Kick on the other hand is super rape. You sure you want to pass up on this?
  6. Eredas Consumed by Nightmare

Since SP for striker is kinda strict already what would you be willing to sacrifice for WG low kick an muse uppercut 10? Isn't awakening skills frowned upon during pvp anyways?
  7. Rawrrr Bitch.

Halgi + decent weapon + OIP > WSLK.
  8. UNPGriff9 The Gramarye Miracle

I'm sure yall are tired of looking at builds but I still need to redo my build on my striker. I used my lethes bell before it expired and I still have my striker with no build.
    So I was thinking on one of 2 builds this will be a mostly PvP striker but I wanted to get the awakening for when I do have to PvE
    both run on the assumption that it's true that this arad planner is missing 50 SP, someone confirm I guess
    http://www.aradsociety.com/planner/...uUkuYbxFquBfuEnxGbwIfxSbxQbuTbxIbxTbwJbwSbwVb

http://www.aradsociety.com/planner/...vWbuUkuYbxFquBfuEnxGbwIbxSbxQbuTbxIbxTbwSbwVb

Essentially it's just a non-beat drive build vs a beat drive build.
    The 50 missing SP on the first would just go into dopple and the missing 50 on the 2nd would go into beat drive then dopple assuming I have enough left.
  9. Nirvanasa Grape Drank....

10. Rawrrr Bitch.

11. Divine Supreme Dictator

12. Kudan Member

13. Psycho K Kaeoseki

As Bianix said in your topic, you should post your build here with ASPS. Do that and I'll happily comment. I'm sure others will be more inclined to as well. Just glancing over it, I do see a lot of things that can be improved if you choose to reset your skills with the Lethe's Bell everyone recently got. Details once you get it up on ASPS.
  14. conewicci I dun goofed.

When the hell did this thread die... ._.

I've been thinking about this for awhile, and for a PvP Striker, wouldn't it be viable to drop Beat Drive/and take TCS to level 1 to save SP? That saves 135 SP. I mean, I wouldn't do it since I like Beat Drive, but if someone wanted to, then couldn't they just do that? Beat Drive is nice, but it isn't really all that useful for PvP, and level 5 TCS doesn't help at all.

Just a thought.
  15. VariousGuy Dead Guy

The reason why thsi thread "died" is because there aren't many Strikers in SSA. I am one of the non-strikers, sadly, but i'll attempt to help.

I've seen Beat Drive and its range is pretty decent. Or is that all of the flashiness making it long? Whatever. It's up to you, really. Hell, i'm pretty sure a Lv.1 TCS is more helpful than a Lv.5 one, because the Lv.5 one does more damage.
  16. conewicci I dun goofed.

TCS allows you to Muse juggle, and get Beat Drive. That's basically all, it's kinda just utility. Beat Drive has decent range, but it isn't used much in PvP since while it does good damage, it's too slow and annoying to combo with (unless you use Muscle Shift I suppose... holy crap I can't believe I haven't thought about that!).

In PvE it's really nice though.
  17. VariousGuy Dead Guy

That's wha I meant with the TCS comment.

Yeah, just either drop it, or get muscle shift. Then again, it's up to you.
  18. conewicci I dun goofed.

What I was saying is that there's practically no difference between level 1 and level 5 TCS. ;o Muscle Shift, iirc, won't be able to "fill it's shoes", anyways, since it oesn't allow you to cancel your basic attacks into skills, just skills into skills. What I meant was that those 4 levels of TCS are practically useless, other than for Beat Drive, which, while is nice, is nothing near vital to PvP.
  19. VariousGuy Dead Guy

I ment to get muscle shift for Beat Drive, but I guess my wording fails.

All I can really say is that if it isn't vital, don't get it. Then again, I'm no expert. Just throwing out suggestions.
  20. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Muscle Shift > xxxx cancel Crushing Fist cancel Beat Drive

I'm maxing Crushing fist, so this is gon be trololololol