Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

General Witch Discussion

Discussion in 'Mage' started by Holypie, May 10, 2010.

1. Zacewing Creepy stalker type thing

What armor type is best for PvE as a Witch? Cloth or Leather?
  2. Tempo Tasteless

Cloth is best for anything atm.

Sacc where the hell are you, im on for once >:l
  3. Gloomy dicks

other way around; Launchers suck against Witches...
  4. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

I've never had a problem fighting Witches on my PvE Launcher - I can fly just as well as them with Aerial Fire, and Cannon Ball stuffs everything but Broomspin approaches. As mages, they have little to no hit recovery from Flamethrower/Fire Pillar. I've literally never felt threatened by any individual move from a Witch, though Manteau invince to dodge things is kindof annoying.
  5. Gloomy dicks

You're either playing bad witches or I'm playing bad launchers.

I rarely get hit by cannonball; Flamethrower is one skill and you can't win with just that; curved uppercut stuffs every single other skill you got except Jack Spike/BBQ
  6. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

Considering each hit from Flamethrower does about 600 in PvP, while each hit of my Fire Pillar does 1.1k (max of 11 hits), it's pretty easy to rely on them. I also greatly enjoy knocking witches out of the air with Quantum Bomb's missile. Anyways, I must be fighting the wrong witches here, they've never been difficult for me.
  7. Zacewing Creepy stalker type thing

Most people play Witches because they're OP/they think they're ezmode in PvP, when Witches take actual skill to play. So you're probably playing bad Witches.
  8. saccharin That one crazy witch

Surprise surprise, witches are easy to be scrubs with, but actually approaching and playing them well? Harder than you think.

Echoing what gloomy said, you're probably playing the wrong witches. No witch should ever get hit by quantum bomb. :|
  9. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

I tend to bait and zone very well with Quantum. Barrel traps are glorious for knocking down witches. I tend to camp the bottom left barrels against Witches, it's the best defensive position for a Launcher - Flamethrower/Firepillar can prevent someone from moving up from the bottom to approach you, Cannon Ball prevents anyone approaching from the bottom at all. It's easy to move up to deal with an approach, as there are no barrels above you. A Quantum hidden behind the barrels can be devastating to someone who doesn't see the warning marker. Extruder has a wide range it can hit from the left side without obstacles or major vulnerabilities.
  10. saccharin That one crazy witch

I'll just lava and rain on top, then throw a jackyl. Gravitas for more zone, and a furnace to boot. It's funny because I love people that camp bottom left because it's such a deadzone for good witches.

Also, well timed phase shifts.
  11. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

Well, I suppose again it's the difference between melee-focused witches and cast-focused witches, not necessarily good/bad witches. Also, I'd figure bottom right is infinitely more dangerous against a Witch than bottom left - being trapped in that barrel box is dangerous.
  12. saccharin That one crazy witch

It's a lot easier to hit people with gravitas/furnace on bottom left, partly because it's such a tight corner. you can move to the edge of gravitas, but you can't for the bottom left corner.

and yeah, it really depends on both players, of course.
  13. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

I don't mean ALL the way in the corner, I mean sitting above the barrels. There's no reason to sit against the wall, simply being above and slightly behind the barrels affords plenty of protection.
  14. saccharin That one crazy witch

Oh I see. Well yeah that's a bit harder to zone approach though rain above and sleeper lava below pretty much covers that entire area. Then throw a jackyl to ferret out and then setup a gravitas and then a furnace, etc etc
  15. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

Yea, it's a bit easier when your opponent is more focused on flying in and meleeing you. There are a few ways to approach, but I'm pretty decent about stuffing them with one of my many, many AOEs. Perhaps we should take this to a different thread, it might be discouraging more generalized Witch discussion.
  16. saccharin That one crazy witch

We can continue this discussion in my witch pvp guide. I don't think I've finished with the launcher section yet.
  17. Karinaaa :3 ( ` 3`)~♥chuu

I love getting people in the bottom right corner. @_@ If I get someone there they will either die or come out extremely hurt. Unless they can phase shift.
  18. saccharin That one crazy witch

Handcannon kiting is usually a safe way to get out. Unless the decide to kite right when I have a gravitas set up.
  19. Gloomy dicks

a lot of the time you can run parallel to them and then curve into them as they land.
  20. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

Problem is, launchers can fly a bit lower if they want to , and stop anytime, and also change y axis.
    Wouldn't going behind them and using emm work? hitstun out of air, followed by gravitas/drill/furnace/collider?