Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

General Witch Discussion

Discussion in 'Mage' started by Holypie, May 10, 2010.

1. Gloomy dicks

They can't change direction once they start shooting.
  2. saccharin That one crazy witch

EMM sniping requires a certain amount of casting speed, especially if you like to gimp yourself with leather.

Curved uppercuts are baller though.
  3. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

Since the thread is dead, I'd like to mention I got into a 3 witch party for arad branch. THe ranger left in the first room, but it was so fun. So much AoE.
  4. saccharin That one crazy witch

4 witch party means aoe tick damage x4 and magic debuff x4

It is the sexiest thing you will ever witness.
  5. Amiose It's a Raf World.

I'm running with a Dark/Light build how much should I invest into Befriend Pluto and Florae?
  6. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

Completely.
    Max em out. you need your chances.
  7. Jormungandr SUPER SWORD

8. Tempo Tasteless

With three elements, no, you dont have the sp.

Also, your build is jsut getting prereqs and maxing your T3s. Its horribly inefficient and will gimp you alot later on, because all your damage will be from furnace/trollcar/gravatias.
  9. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

what he said. 2 is better due to the loser sp, and tier 2 skills are very important.
    If your getting ice and fire, to maximize your damage output you need to put out your aoe and THEN use your trollcar or furnace. The debuffs help each other out, so they're best used in conjunction.
  10. Jormungandr SUPER SWORD

I thought I'd add fire since I accidentally put 2 into jackyl already, but if I dropped the fire and just made it pure dark and ice, would it work better?

Maybe something like this:
    http://www.aradsociety.com/planner/...uObxKkxMkxRdxOdxPlyAfxSdxUnxWfyBbxYlxXbyDgyEd

This is what I have as of right now, lvl 27:
    http://www.aradsociety.com/planner/?class=witch#050:uLeuMh9PbuEbvMf0TbuDbvSfuObxKexRdxOdxPdyAfxScxUb
  11. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

Putting into jackyl no matter what your going isn't a mistake. It gives somewaht good mobility for it, which sacc told me is worth it, though me myself am unsure. Also, it's not like it's bad without the befriends, especially with lolipop.
    Dark and ice huh, should be inetersting.
    Why max uppercut, going pvp?
  12. saccharin That one crazy witch

The tier2 spells are really your bread and butter in terms of spam/damage.
  13. Jormungandr SUPER SWORD

Okay this explains a lot then...so what are tier 3 spells for then? Just extra damage? I still seem to have 76 points left over, what should I do with those?

As for max upper, I don't remember. I think I was going for pvp/pve hybrid since one upper allows me to go into dash air atk a lot easier than if it were on the ground. It's currently at lvl 9 I think...I can stop before it's too late lol.
  14. Kevin New Member

When you asked me you said pure pvp so I told you to max upper lol. Open your air dash with curved upper, if you try to sweep face on they could just smack you to cancel it.

In terms of damage the tier 3 spells aren't far ahead of the tier 2 spells, they just cover a bigger area. I just use them on larger groups of monsters. Or on bosses, since gravitas launches/collider locks/drill vacs. You plan to have max rain and swatter so you should be fine really. Plus EMM is pretty usable at 5.
  15. Gloomy dicks

Just extra damage. Their cooldowns are too long so they can't be bread and butter. But, you'll very likely spam them really often.
  16. Jormungandr SUPER SWORD

For some reason I can't straight air dash correctly, I can only pull off 2 attacks before I land =/

EMM is...godly so far. I don't know if I want to max that instead of rain.
    And floare collider looks so interesting...and furnace...
  17. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

That might be because your flying too low before changing. Try holding the button down a tad longer when your flying up, and then start attacking.
  18. saccharin That one crazy witch

That, and your inputs may be a bit too slow. If you're wearing cloth, it is much easier to fail scrubs because of slower attack speed. (Each aerial attack bounces the witch a bit higher)
  19. Jormungandr SUPER SWORD

Yeah I'm all cloth at the moment. I know people who use leather and cloth. Which is better though? Cloth is cast speed, leather is attack speed is about all I know.
  20. saccharin That one crazy witch

Cloth is more preferred for PvP because of the massive cast speed bonus compared to the small attack speed bonus.

That being said, Leather is a bit heavier.. if only by a little bit... and it gives some more magic crit hit..