Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Infractions show who left them

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by MasPan, May 16, 2010.

1. Fiel New Member

Showing the mod that gave the infraction happens in two places:

- When you click on the infraction card in the postbit
    - From the profile

On SP, the infraction card mod notice is removed. The profile infractionbit is changed so regular users see "InfractionPM", but mods/admins see who really gave it. Two template edits.

It doesn't look like your skins are using inheritance. You should be able to set that one skin is the default skin, then have other skins inherit from the default skin. This simplifies template edits. Right now, if you want to make these changes you have to edit:

2 templates * 5 skins = 10 different templates

As I'm sure you're well aware of - inheritance is a good thing. It's also a double-edged sword. If you modify a template/css in a subskin, the subskin won't inherit from the parent. So if you modify a child then modify the parent, it won't modify the child. This is why it's a nightmare to have multiple skins because you can't be entirely sure if the children will inherit from the parent when a parent modification is made.
  2. Soushin The Novice

In this case, should SSA implements are the features/hacks before starting to add skins?

There's apparently a hack that allows the reports to be sent to the ModCP instead of notifying by email. You might want to use that?
  3. saccharin That one crazy witch

I wish this were so. Daily flood of my e-mail inbox. :|
  4. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

That's temporary. They still show up for the infracted/warned user. They'll be turned back on when I can figure out how to make the infraction page show InfractionPM instead of the moderator who gave the infraction/warning.

Same thing as if you reply to any user, they get a PM in their inbox. No one ever logs in on InfractionPM, so any PM's sent to it won't get read. I should add that to InfractionPM's sig. If someone wants to dispute an infraction, they should PM any moderator, who will start a thread for it in the moderator forum, and the entire moderation staff will review the infraction appeal.

I don't know what you mean by "sending it to ModCP", but the way I have it set up, it does not email. Instead, it creates a thread in a "reports" subforum in the moderation section. That is a standard vBulletin option, not an addon.
  5. Soushin The Novice

Ooooh, v.4.0.3 is so good. v.3.8.2 didn't have that, so people had to make a hack to allow this.

What I meant about ModCP (in v.3.8.2) is because all users (Mod and admin included) have UserCP, Mods have an additional ModCP, and admins got AdminCP.
  6. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

There, the moderator who made the infraction should be properly hidden now (except to moderators) thanks to bit of custom plugin magic. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, MasPan.
  7. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

Not a problem. Now, the question of how to get revenge on that nasty little InfractionPM...