Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Mage Weapons for Level 50

Discussion in 'Mage' started by Thuvian, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Soltis Carried by Sandors

I meant as in it takes 10% aspd worth of equips/ava to move from a very slow > slow or etc tier.
  2. VariousGuy Dead Guy

Oh that. That I have no idea, but I assume it's 10% attack speed per speed tier.
  3. saccharin That one crazy witch

I recall someone mentioning something about the "blowing chance" being a chance of knocking back extra far with a hit or something like that.

Not positive though. And I don't think it was replicated or something.. not sure.

As for weapons, there's a weapon you're forgetting about. Level 46 quest broom: Terran Plant Bloom.

Phys Attk: 422-432
    Mag Attk: 465-473
    -1 c.spd
    Attacks with dark attribute.

It's technically stronger than the level 45 brooms.
  4. Soltis Carried by Sandors

^How much INT can that thing get btw?
  5. saccharin That one crazy witch

11-17, just like the 45 series.
  6. firecraker Member

beam spear is 10% faster than a regular spear. :3 its in my mage atk spd thread
  7. VariousGuy Dead Guy

If only if it really was that fast. It's just 5% faster, just like the weapon says.
  8. tec WTB> Super Armor Q.Q

or maybe its like the Tanq/Daiq thing for priests. Where it has extra attack speed, but only enough to bump it up from slow to average. I think its 3% on those 2 (as opposed to a full 10% like other weapons)
  9. VariousGuy Dead Guy

Yep. The added attack speed just bumps it up to the next speed tier. Beam Spear's attack speed does the exact same thing.
  10. Fenairis New Member

In my personal experience, I've found Poseidon's Trident to be a better spear for PvE. It's all about the freezing proc chance to deal with those pesky enemies with SA or are otherwise unlaunchable and works wonders on bosses. I don't miss the few extra hits I can score if instead something like Mecha Tau is frozen for 2-3 sec. The upside to the beam spear is the +mp regen but for a 10 minute dungeon, you gain about 300mp. If you can avoid a few hits over the course of the dungeon due to enemies being frozen, the mp is pretty much returned to you as mana shield wont be draining your mp. If not, don't be cheap and just use pots.
  11. reyosun Pro AFKer

I use the Rod of Elemia so I can speak on this. This basically means that there is an increased chance of "blowing the enemies away" during an attack. What happens is that when hit with blowing, the enemies fly far back (little more than half the screen away). I think there is damage associated to it, but it's not great. It's mostly meant to break up mobs and push them back randomly. Which helps summoners as it keeps the critters away.

Regarding mp use - as a summoner, I tend to run out of mp far faster than most classes, and it's mostly because I tend to summon the most I can possibly can at any moment in time. The more summons I have, the less damage the entire party takes, and the faster the enemies or killed or distracted (from attacknig me for example). So, lucid roll with its 30 mp regen is a big help. Doesn't it add to the base mp regen, which then gets increased by the cloth mastery percentages? So 30 mp regen is actually 30 *50% inc = 45 mp regen.
  12. VariousGuy Dead Guy

However, if you're a Spirit Summoner, sticking with a Lucid Roll will make your summons weaker. It also makes Mark the Target weaker too. If you're a Contract Summoner, however you can stick with the Lucid Roll, but Mark the Target will still be weaker, unless you're just using it to attract a mob to an enemy. Then just keep doing what you're doing.
  13. AsmaPatchu Iris is still mai waifu.

It's a little glitch that seems to happen when you view items with different refine rates. I've had it happen yesterday; changing channels or restarting client appears to fix it. The piercing damage is always correct when you actually have the weapon equipped. Check this one out:

[IMG]
    It's displaying the stats from a +10 Berserk Dragon Breath I saw on the auction house.

For battle mages, the PvE weapon I go to for anything is Beam Spear Brionac, but that's mostly because I overupped mine to +11. Poseidon's Trident seems viable I guess, but I'd take the MP/min over the max MP increase and I can live with the bless effect buffing my chaser damage.
  14. Soltis Carried by Sandors

Just wanted to say that weird number thing with the weapon is still happening whenever Desesperado looks at it lol.
  15. AiNoMinako Poke Poke Poke

weird..... oh well doesnt affect the weapon dmg itself so no biggie :3c