Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

New anti-DoS measures

Discussion in 'SSA Announcements' started by LHCGreg, Aug 7, 2010.

1. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

Over this coming week I'll be deploying some new measures designed to fight denial of service attacks. I have carefully tuned it so that it should only block attackers and not real users, but just in case, I recommend you bookmark the SSA chat room if you do not already use it. The chat room is hosted by Freenode, not SSA, so if the site wrongfully blocks you, you'll still be able to get in to the chat and notify me or someone else.

:ice tiger right::ice tiger left:
  2. arudA Has custom title :)

Now people are going to try to test it. :p So, I assume being blocked would be not being able to connect at all, rather than some warning page?
  3. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

Indeed, if you get detected as an attacker, you won't be able to connect to the site at all.
  4. Soltis Carried by Sandors

Oh wow when did a captcha get added to the chatroom btw?

Ill be sure to say if I have any problems similar or not similar to what happened with dfos for abit.
  5. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

I had no idea about that captcha. That's Freenode's doing. I'm not entirely sure why, because an IRC bot would not need to use the web interface.:emoticon_question: