Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Request a builds threads, Stickied general class threads, and Female gunner subforum.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Thuvian, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Thuvian Member

I'm presenting four ideas for consideration to increase the usefulness of the SSA Forum.

Apologies if I've missed previous discussions on these topics. I browsed the likely topics in the Suggestion Box forum and General Discussion but didn't seem anything obvious. Also, I am a joyless stick in the mud, but I'm an organized joyless stick in the mud.

1. Request a Build Threads
      These are probably the most prevalent type of threads in the general class threads. These posts generally start out with, "Hi. I'm new. I want a build." They generally lack content, and result in either being ignored, forum regulars flaming the poster, or forum regulars repeating the same information. At DFOSource they swamped the forum, and now they are starting to get somewhat out of hand here. I personally think they they should be automatically exiled to the General Class Thread appropriate for the class (a note in the forum rules would also be appropriate). However, I can see some merit in the idea of letting them remain separate to build up thread count in the forums. Regardless, can we get an official ruling on how these types of threads should be treated? I should also state that I'm not opposed to threads discussing the pros and cons specific abilities, only those general "give me a build or rate my build" threads.
    2. General Class Threads
      Should the general discussion threads for each subclass be stickied? I can see arguments for both ways, and I seem to recall it being both stickied and unstickied at one time or another.
    3. Female Gunner Subforum
      Should there be a specific female gunner subforum, or perhaps a general gunner forum and 2 subforums for male and female gunners specifically? This is related back to the previous ideas. If Female/Male subclasses have their own threads, then 8 stickied posts would be present in the gunner forum. That is an excessive number.
    4. DFO FAQ
      The DFO FAQ from DFOSource is apparently gone now. However, I haven't been able to locate it or a similar thread on this forum. It would probably be a good way to increase viewers if we had a nicely written, formatted, and organized FAQ Thread. Another thought would be to convert it to a wiki entry and refer people to that instead.
  2. Stream Is Starting Anew.

Request a builds threads, Stickied general class threads, and Female gunner subfo

3. Archie Mexocan

Request a builds threads, Stickied general class threads, and Female gunner subfo

Is it a good idea?

I mean really, female gunners ARE gunners. F gunners are no different from M gunners than a ranger is different to a spitfire.
  4. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

5. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

I have thought for a long time that we should make builds for everyone and call them our own. That's why 50% of user on source signed up. Builds sell members. IT wouldn't even be that hard. But it's not going to happen. Also i thought that is what this thread was going to be about. I agree with all the ideas.

EDIT: ninja'd and yay lhc agrees with me (sorta)
  6. Thuvian Member

So this thread was the result of me browsing the Gunner forum for thoughts about my L46 Mechanic and Launcher. I noticed there were a lot of Build Request threads. After reading some of the feedback in this thread I decided to go do a survey. There are ~44 threads in the Gunner Forum (not including moved threads). Of those, 24 could be considered Build Request threads, 4 are general subclass threads, 16 are other content threads (of which some could be considered spam). Now, I'm not saying that I would classify these exactly the same way as everyone else, I do suggest this is a decent basis to evaluate the forum. My conclusion was: too Build Request threads without content.

Soltis made a recent Summoner post at DFOS which (in my mind) is an ideal build thread. You should check it out if you haven't. Something like that for all classes would be great (along with the more indepth guides explaining the classes).

Back when I first started playing DFO I wrote up a FAQ because I didn't understand anything about the game and posted it on the Nexon Forum. If we take that, Dragon Dice's newbie post, and get a copy of the FAQ from DFOS that would cover a significant portion of the DFO FAQ.

Also to reiterated, I'm not opposed to Build Threads, just to the repetitive non-content "give me a build" threads.
  7. Sie_Sayoka Public Enemy #1