Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Thanks button

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Ring, May 16, 2010.

1. Ring "...that's my role."

should eliminate useless comment like " lol yeah" " Thisss" " lololo thanks" and variations, it SHOULD but I doubt it will with us :) , also it'll show the people who supported the post and how helpful/popular the post was.
  2. Archie Mexocan

Oh yes sir! We need a spinoff of the rep system that people think sucked back at DFOs, but we'll improve it to do the same but not give - rep!

Full support +rep (oh wait a sec...)

==

Seriously, I don't think this is the best idea
  3. Lolicon Worst. Battlemage. Ever.

Just make everyone's rep power equal to the log of their rep, then give everyone a rep of 1. Tada.
  4. Dante9898 ~Derail Master~

It was the same of source. If u got negative or neutral rep then the one repped got a neutral bar. Also if u got high + rep when u rep someone they get a high amount of +rep.
  5. Heidi Member

Personally I think part the reason people are making those posts because it increases their post count by 1 every time. I'm not too sure whether or not I support this idea as on one hand it provides a way for people to say they found a post useful without making spammy replies, but on the other it's going to be like a competition, just like post counts are to some people. I'm sure that with time it will become obvious enough to everybody who the ones who contribute the most to the community are, without having a system to recognise it. Like I said though, I see both pros and cons in it.
  6. Ring "...that's my role."

never mentioned rep GG

@ heidi wouldnt a competition for more thanks encourage quality posts? I doubt there would be a thanks competition , but Im just saying.
  7. Lolicon Worst. Battlemage. Ever.

You clearly do not know what log(1) is....
  8. Dante9898 ~Derail Master~

Nop and honestly i don't feel like learning it now. A thx button for the Q&A section its not a bad idea cuz that way u will know what would be the Best answer for the question.
  9. Ring "...that's my role."

I sitll have no idea why you guys are talking about a rep system.... Thanks do NOT ad to your rep like in dfosource... those weren't even the thanks I'm talking about.
  10. 2bninja Get high on life

this!
  11. saccharin That one crazy witch

How about the helpful post rating system, minus the rep system that went with it?
  12. Ring "...that's my role."

people will QQ about people marking them as NO and make more posts about it :l

The thanks will show the people that thanked and that's it.

I was on other forums where they had both like and dislike showing the names for both, loldrama
  13. saccharin That one crazy witch

How about thanks, but they don't show up specifically on the profile? So you find helpful/useful/thanked posts within threads, but you don't see them when you look at a user's profile?
  14. Soushin The Novice

This is just my opinion, but i prefer to leave it as it is. I'd rather a personalized "thanks" or "this" than an automated "thanks" response.
  15. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

Ehhhhh, I'm thinking no. It will do nothing to eliminate " lol yeah" " Thisss" " lololo thanks".
  16. Ring "...that's my role."

oh well then :3

also I was gonna post some examples from two other forums I visit, but nvm :p