Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Why do the bad things in life out weigh the good?

Discussion in 'Berserk Rage' started by Heidi, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Heidi Member

Look at all the bad things that happen in the world, all the people that get killed, all the natural and man made disasters. Then think about what good things there are.

If you think a little, you'll realise that there are no good things that are as good as the bad things are bad.

This is probably the thing I hate the most about our world.
  2. Jormungandr SUPER SWORD

It just makes the few good things we find in life that much better and we start to appreciate them more.
  3. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

The good things are incredibly small but incredibly numerous - it's not that they aren't there, it's that you take them for granted. Ever stop and think "Hmm, what if suddenly ____ didn't exist?" I mean little things, like flowers, cute little fuzzy animals, or fresh fruit - they're things that most people never give a second thought to just because they'd never expect to lose them. There are plenty of things in life that suck, aren't fair, or are even cruel, and, yes, they can be pretty overwhelming - but don't lose sight of the infinite little things that make the world a better place.
  4. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

Yeah what MasPan said. We take everything for granted so when bad things happen it makes it look like only bad things happen.
  5. Heidi Member

The few good things become redundant in bad situations. How can one enjoy the fact that they have somewhere to live when there isn't a life worth living in? It's like having a house on the moon. Pointless.

I personally believe our world is a punishment, and we all did something really bad in another dimension/world/ universe to have been sent here.
  6. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

No; that's badass. (I suppose you can't really live in it thoug)

That is some hard core emo shit. Cheer up, you're wrong.
  7. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

People get used to good things much faster than bad things, in my opinion. As people's lives get better, they become used to it, but when they fall down, having a taste of what's better, they will feel it terrible. Of course, in reverse, experiencing something great while your life is a crapsack just makes that taste even better. But if you taste it too much, it's not good anymore, it's merely everyday occurence. Thereby, eventually, nothing will be as satisfying as it was, while how much you can fall down and how much pain you can feel only increases.
    Now that's depressing, but I agree with Heidi that the world is crappy and full of sin. Which leads in to Christianity that I'm not going to bother explaining.
  8. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

See this is why I don't believe you are 16. Too insightful. But yeah that makes sense. I guess that's why a lot of rich/famous people are sad.
  9. Ring "...that's my role."

I just hate when people thank god for every single fucking good thing that happens or good things that occur in a bad situation...

like those relatives of the chile miners that were trapped in there "thanks to god they've been saved ;A;!" ... yeah thanks god for putting them in there.
  10. Heidi Member

Do any religious people actually believe in religion because they think it's the most likely thing to be the truth? Or do they believe in it because it's what they hope is the truth? (I'm thinking pretty much all fall into that second category)

And lol, living on the moon would be boring. Nothing to see but more and more dust and rocks! The novelty would wear off nearly instantly.
  11. conewicci I dun goofed.

It's because you keep thinking that they do, that they do. Simple.
  12. Soushin The Novice

It's because you lack imagination. Or rather, your vision of "living on the moon" is a very boring one.
  13. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

First of all, geen, you've talked to me, and I told you on my birthday last week I'm 16
    Well most people use it as figure of speech.
    But yes, God put them there, part of my belief is that everything is both done by God's will and done by our own free will. I can understand why one would hate God (if you believe in him) for doing that, but the reason the unfortunate things exist is our free will bringing sin into the world, which yes, God allowed you to do, but is also done by humanity's own choices as a whole, directly or not. With this in mind, we cannot blame God for the miseries, yet we can thank him for not completely abandoning the world like he should.

And I believe in religion in a mixture of because it's true, and because it's hope. Before when I was an atheist, I refused to believe in any religion of any sort. I got into Christianity because I had a feeling that this is what is true and because it felt better than living an empty life.

And living on the moon would be awesome. It's not more dust and rocks! It's more MOON dust and MOON rocks!
  14. Heidi Member

But the moon IS only dust and rock! Okay, I suppose it could be fun to jump around in the low gravity, doing flips in the air and stuff.

There are atheists out there who don't feel their life is empty. Is discussion of religion actually considered ok on this forum? I worry we're crossing the line.
  15. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

Not really sure, LHCGreg will stop us if it is.
    And I meant empty for me, after a long time of thinking. Not necessarily talking about everyone else.
  16. Soushin The Novice

The moon as it is is currently just dust and rocks.

But you talked about living on the moon, you'd think we'd live there with nothing else? We'd die without oxygen. That's why i'm saying you lack imagination.

Living on the moon means that the earthling civilisation will first have to start building things to accommidate life on the moon, and along the way, of course they will build up entertaining attractions and other sorts of distractions so that living there won't be boring.
  17. Ring "...that's my role."

yeah some atheists dont really need that kind of hope/faith help, some rely on hard work and results instead of praying and hoping then judging good fortunes on god instead of their own work.

as long as neither side is butthurt , I think it's fine.
  18. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

No, that's not what I believe. Christianity is both working hard and expecting nothing good in this world, except for the comfort of the afterlife and Christ. It's stated in the Bible that Christians will have to face hardship, not live a life of good fortune, and it explicitly states those who only pray and hope have no true faith and if the faith is real then it will also show in actions.
  19. Hiroshi dat smirk

I'm following the discussion and am atheist myself, not sure why I should be butthurt lol. I think it was clear that Melody was talking about himself...

That's more like loosing the sight of the good things if anything. Having emo urges to cope with is much easier when you have a place to live, seriously.
  20. Leviathan The Windy Gunner

I think we should all just...uh.... um...Let's all hug Heidi :D